This butter cake holds so much sweet memories from my childhood. The batter tasted just like how I remember my Mom making it when I was a little girl. She would let me and my sister lick the batter and we both would wait impatiently for it to be baked. Here is the recipe.
- 250 grams all purpose flour
- 250 grams sugar
- 250 grams butter
- 250 grams eggs (around 4-5 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- Whipped cream
- Icing Sugar
- Dark chocolate
- Mix the butter and sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until well combined
- Slowly add the eggs, one by one and mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence to the mix
- Stop the electric mixer and gently fold in the flour (sifted together with the baking powder) using a wooden spoon or spatula
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
For the whipped cream, my personal favourite is Mactop Traditional, but please use whatever is best for you. While whipping, add a small amount of icing sugar and chill the whipped cream in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Spread on a completely cooled cake and grate the dark chocolate over the cake.
This cake goes so well with a good cup of coffee. Sigh